Saturday, July 29, 2006

Back on track!

I weighed myself at the gym today. It was no better and no worse than I expected. A five pound gain over the course of exactly a month. I'm a stupid fuck-up for letting it happen, but I know I can lose it. I want it to be gone by next weekend when there is a big family gathering on my boyfriend's side of the family, but I know that even if the scale says it's gone, it's only water weight. The next goal time is when some of my extended family visits in late August, and I'll see them the weekend of the 19th. It's totally reasonable to lose the weight (plus a little bit) by then.

I've found that having deadlines really helps to keep me in line. Deadlines that involve photos being taken are even better. I love photography; well, I love taking photos. I'm less happy about having my photo taken. If I'm going to have my picture taken, I damn well better look good. And looking good involves being thin.

------------

In other ED news, I'm thinking of re-starting my ED journal. It's actually a little box with index cards in it. The cards are sorted by food journal, exercise log, inspiration, etc. At first I used a notebook, but not being able to re-order or re-sort the pages really drove me nuts. Using an index card box takes care of that. Yet I have all of my photo inspiration online, in my computer, and I have this blog for a journal. I don't like the idea of having the two separate projects going. I'm weird with stuff like that. Everything has to be COMPLETE and ORGANIZED. That probably means that I'll continue to use the online format, probably expanding the content.

-----------

On to the photo for the day. Avril Lavigne recently got married. I hope that she and her husband are very happy together, and that their marriage can endure in spite of the difficulties of maintaining a life in the public eye. She used to be a tomboy, but she has really blossomed into a beautiful young woman.

A very small beautiful young woman.

No comments: