Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A dark place

The last two weeks have not been good to me.

I had been having random binges since about the Fourth of July weekend. My weight was ok, but then suddenly around the beginning of August, I put on about 8 pounds seemingly overnight.

On Wednesday, August 16, I started bleeding. I went to Planned Parenthood (because usually I don't get a period), did a blood test, and I found out I had a miscarriage. I was probably about seven weeks pregnant.

So, right now I'm doing ok, considering the circumstances. I have an IUD, so it's not like I could have safely carried the kid anyway... it's probably the reason that it happened. Still, I'm shaken. What if the ED had something to do with it?

I'm probably going to erase this entry, because I'm not ready to deal with this... I just wanted to post an explanation for why I haven't posted in two weeks. I could really use a hug... comments on this post would be great.

[wanders off to cry for a while]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience. Everything was fine and the all of a sudden I was gaining a tone of weight almost over night. Come to find out I was 20!!weeks pregnant. And I smoke and drink and of course my ED...so I had to decide and fast. I had an abortion. I was about 22 weeks along when I did. It was hard decision. Esp when it's that far along and they say you have a good chance of miscarriage later if you ever want to get pregnant again :( So I know. I'll give you a big hug :) It was probably for the better. THat's how I try to see it.

Cascata said...

(((hugs))) Thank you for commenting. I think not knowing until it's gone (he? she? it?) is easier than knowing the date you'll have to say goodbye. So, I'm happy that it just went away, instead of me finding out that I was pregnant and then having to decide to terminate it. (((hugs again)))

Anonymous said...

Hi a friend from A&R gave me the link to your post as i have just been through the same situtation (miscarriage at 7 weeks but didnt know i was pregnant) im struggling with the blame and everything because i was smoking and drinking and of course my ed and even though i didn't know deep down i "knew" i already have a little boy and me and my husband wanted to start trying in Jan so it was just devastating. Please feel free to contact me anytime http://www.myspace.com/skinnysmoz as it would be good to talk to someone in the same situation

Anonymous said...

*hugs*
i just found this blog today
ive been reading it backwards
im sorry about your miscarriage
after my best friend was born her mom went to the doctor and they said she wasnt pregnant again so she went to Universal and went on rollercoasters and a day later the doctor called and said she really was pregnant, but she had a miscarriage from the rides, it was so sad
Again oober sorry
*hugs times a zillion*